What we’re reading can have a profound effect on what we’re writing. Who we’re reading can have an even more profound effect on us personally. I’ve been thinking a lot about WHO I’m reading versus what I’m reading and how it’s changing me personally.
While I won’t go into detail right now, I’ll share a list of who I am reading.
- Zadie Frost — “White Teeth”
- Margaret Bradham Thornton — “Charleston”
- Medeleine Marsh — “Compacts and Cosmetics: Beauty From Victorian Times to the Present Day “
- Wilma Dykeman — “The French Broad”
- Nina George — “The Little Paris Bookshop”
- Charles B. Handy — ” The Second Curve: Thoughts on Reinventing Society”
My current list is pretty female heavy and varied. I love finding new books and my friends who write are also great readers. If you have a few minutes, I’d love for you to share who you’re reading in the comments.